Special Issue: Role of Internet of Things, VLSI architecture, and artificial intelligence in development of real time signal processing applications
Scope and purpose:
The Internet of Things (IoT) has upgraded the modern industry by making a wide range information framework of the process involved industrial process. The IoT techniques comprise of data acquisition, human and machine product interconnection, discovery and generation of new knowledge, and intelligent control procedures. In all these procedures, the signal processing becomes crucial for efficient working of the system. However, these signal processing techniques face unprecedented challenges under the complex industrial environment. Therefore, this special issue strives for the cheap, fast, low power and intelligent signal processing (ISP) algorithms which can remove intrinsic limitations of IoT systems.
Moreover, we seek to widen the focus of ISP and its role in shaping the IoT World to also explore the evolving relationship between ISP and the emerging interdisciplinary field of Data Science, machine learning and artificial intelligence which exploit scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from data in various forms, both structured and unstructured data.
Additionally, sensing technology and microelectronics are essential components for IoT system development and ever-increasing deployment of IoT in current business system has rendered VLSI technology to accelerate the manufacturing of the most reliable business IoT technologies with extreme portability and a small size. Thus, this issue invites researchers of various fields to showcase their substantial improvements by presenting their research papers, reviews, and perspectives regarding VLSI and microelectronic-embedded circuits for IoT, which could certainly provide numerous opportunities in future business.
The list of potential topics for this Special Issue includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- IoT Applications and Services
- IoT Deployment on Agriculture, Healthcare, Smart Cities, etc
- Tools and technologies for IoT services
- IoT architecture with 5G and beyond networks
- Hardware for AI and ML
- VLSI architecture for signal processing applications
- Neuromorphic Circuits and Systems
- Sensors interfacing circuits and systems for signal processing application
- Analog & Mixed Signal circuits
- Embedded Systems Design
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analysis
- Machine learning, Deep learning, and neural networks
- Signal processing applications
- Speech, image, and video processing
- Optimization methods
- Computer vision and robotics
Prospective authors are invited to submit their papers following the instructions provided on the Traitement Du Signal website: https://www.iieta.org/Journals/TS/Submission. The submitted manuscripts should not have been previously published, nor should they be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
1) Dr. Durgesh Nandan，Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune, India (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) Asst. Prof. Muhammad Tariq Sadiq, University of Brighton, UK (email@example.com)
3) Assoc. Prof. Korhan Cengiz, University of Fujairah, UAE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) Dr. Sharnil Pandya, Linneuniversitetet, Sweden (email@example.com)
5) Dr. Pawan Dubey, MITS, Gwalior, India (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Manuscript submissions due 2023-09-31
• Revised manuscripts due 2023-10-31
• Final manuscripts due 2023-11-15