In order to improve the heat transfer rate of heat pipe, an experimental research method was introduced, it is that using magnetic field to enhance the heat transfer of nano-magnetic fluid vacuum heat pipe. In this experiment, through the preparation of nano-magnetic fluid as well as the independent design the heat exchanger test-bed, the heat transfer of nano-magnetic fluid heat pipe was studied in different types and intensities of magnetic fields. The study found that the heat transfer of nano-magnetic fluid heat pipe was the best. Every kind of magnetic field could enhance the heat transfer of nano-magnetic fluid heat pipe, in which the static DC magnetic field did the best and the maximum raise rate was 19.2%.
Magnetic fields, Nano-magnetic fluid, Heat pipe, Heat transfer.
1. PENG Yu-hui, HUANG Su-yi, HUANG Kun-jian, HUANG Su-yi, Experimental Study of the Intensified Heat Transfer Characteristics of a Thermosiphon through the Addition of Nanoparticles [J], Journal of Engineering for Thermal Energy and Power, 2005, 2:138-142(in Chinese).
2. SHANG Fu-min, LIU Deng-ying etc., Heat Transfer Characteristics of Cu-Water in Self-exciting Mode Oscillating-Flow Heat Pipe [J], Journal of Power Engineering, 2007, 27(2):233-236 (in Chinese).
3. M. C. Amiri, Ali A. Dadkhah, On Reduction in the Surface Tension of Water Due to Magnetic Treatment [J], Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem, Eng. Aspects 278 (2006):252–255. DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfa.2005.12.046.
4. Zhu Yuanbao, Yan Liushui, Cao Zhixiang, We Lingfei, Chen Zongzhang, Physical and Chemical Properties of Magnetized Water [J], Journal of Hunan University (Naturnal Science), 1999, 26(1): 21-26 (in Chinese).
5. WU Song-hai, SUN Yong-li, JIA Shao-yi, Effects of Magnetic Field on Evaporation of Distilled Water [J], Journal of Petrochemical Universities, 2006, 19(1): 10-13 (in Chinese).
6. Shung-Wen Kang, Wei-Chiang Wei et al., Experimental inestigation of silver nano-fluid on heat PiPe thermal Performance [J], Applied Thermal Engineering, vo1.26, No.17-18, pp. 2377-2382, Dec., 2006.
7. ZHANG Yun-feng, LIU Zheng-qiang, ZOU Xin-yuan, WANG Xin-hua, Experiment of Heating Process of Oil and Water in Magnetic Field Strengthening Pool [J], Journal of Thermal Science and Technology, 2008, 7(1): 37-40 (in Chinese).
8. ZHAO Meng, ZOU Ji-bin, HU Jian-hu, Viscosity of Magnetic Fluids in Magnetic Field [J], Materials for Mechanical Engineering, 2006, 30(8): 64-65 (in Chinese).
9. XUAN Yimin, LI Qiang, Heat Transfer Enhancement of Nanofluids [J], Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 2000, 21 (4):466-470. (in Chinese)
10. Hamilton R. L., Crosser O. K., Thermal Conductivity of Heterogeneous Two-component Systems, I&EC Fundamentals, 1962, 1:182-191. DOI: 10.1021/i160003a005.
11. Li Rui, Investigation on Thermomagnetic Convection of Ferrofluids [D], Nanjing University of Sciences & Technology, 2005 (in Chinese).