Shunt Active Filter generates the reference current that must be provided by the power filter to compensate harmonic currents demanded by the load. This paper presents different types of methods for real time regeneration of compensating current for harmonic mitigation. Several methods including instantaneous real and reactive power theory have been proposed for extracting the harmonic content. This paper presents a different modification based on the same principle and compares its performances with sinusoidal source and balanced load condition. The Modified SRF method called, in this paper, Filtered Modified Reference Frame Method, because it uses filters and is based on the modified reference frame method. The performance of Shunt Active Power Filter in terms of THD (Total Harmonic distortion) of voltage and current is achieved with in the IEEE 519 Standard. The comparison of all methods is based on the theoretical analysis and simulation results obtained with MATLAB/SIMULINK.
Parallel active filter, Extraction methods of harmonics, MVF, Control PWM, Control hysteresis.
1. M. Abdusalam, Structures and strategies for control of parallel and hybrid active filters with experimental validations, 2008, PhD Thesis, Henri Poincaré University, Nancy-1, France.
2. N. Bruyant, Generalized study and control of parallel active filters, global or selective compensation of harmonics, balanced or unbalanced regime, 1999, PhD Thesis, University of Nantes, France.
3. A. Sahbani, M. Braiek, M. Dami and M. Jemli, Control of a three-phase shunt filter by fuzzy logic, 2005, 3rd International Conferences SETIT, Tunisia, pp. 27-31.
4. A.Rahmouni, Performance comparison of two new control methods of a parallel active filter, 2012, ACTA, vol. 53, pp. 278-282.
5. S.C. Patel, T.A. Patel, Comparison of control strategies for shunt active power filter under different load conditions, 2015, International Journal of Innovative Research in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, vol. 3, no. 7, pp 67-71.
6. K. Shahram, Continuity of service of three-phase power converters and FPGA prototyping in the loop: application to parallel active filter, 2009, PhD thesis, Henri Poincaré University, Nancy-I, France.
7. B. Choukri, Contribution to the study of the different topologies and commands of parallel active filters with structure tension: Modeling, Simulation and Experimental Validation of the Order, 2004, Doctoral Thesis, Henri Poincaré University, Nancy-I.
8. A. MORSLI, Depollution of low-voltage electrical networks using a two-level parallel active filter controlled by the PQ, 2012, ACTA algorithm, vol 53, pp. 105-111.
9. H. Abaali, M.T. Lamchich, M.Raoufi, Average current mode to control the threephase shunt active power filters under distorted and unbalanced Voltage conditions, 2007, AMSE Journals, Series 2A, Vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 68-81.
10. H. Abaali, M.T. Lamchich, M.Raoufi, Three-phase shunt active power filter control using synchronous detection algorithm to compensate current perturbation, 2007, AMSE Journal, Modelling A, Vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 14-27.