As production becomes more specialized, product data sharing and exchange between specialized parts manufacturers and complete machine manufacturers have become an urgent demand. In this study, we first present a meta model of a supplier library based on PLIB ontology and ISO13584 and then propose a graph-structured semantic model (named as form feature dependency semantic (FFDS) graph in this paper) to formally represent the structure of parts (form features and their topological relationships). Moreover, we propose a new method for part similarity measurement using FFDS graph, as well as discuss the technical details of this method. The proposed method ensures the success of the structure feature-based retrieval in part search procedure. A case study was presented to demonstrate the proposed method.
Supplier library, web-based parts library, similarity measurement, form feature
This study is supported by the project of the Natural Science Foundation of Guizhou Province (No.2331) and Project for Talent introduction of Guizhou University (No.025). The science and technology support program of Guizhou Province (No.3034,NO.2327).
1. ISOTC184/SC4, Industrial Automation Systems and Integration - Parts Library, Part 1: Overview and fundamental principle (ISO13584-1), 2001, International Organization for Standardization.
2. D. Liu, Q. S. Xie, X. J. Gu, Research on the integration method to Web-based parts library, 2005, International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Guangzhou, China, pp. 2296-2301.
3. Jung K. Semantic web-based supplier discovery system for building a long-term supply chain, 2015, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 128, no.2, pp155-169.
4. www.traceparts.com, access date March 2015
5. Y. Li, Y. Lu, W. Liao, Z. Lin, Representation and share of part feature information in web-based parts library, 2006, Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 31, no.4, pp.697-704.
6. ISOTC184/SC4, Industrial Automation Systems and Integration - Parts Library, Part 42: Description methodology: Methodology for structuring parts families(ISO 13584-42), 2010, International Organization for Standardization.
7. Y. Aklouf, G. Pierra, Y.A. Ameur, H. Drias .PLIB ontology , 2005, International Journal of IT Standards & Standardization Research, vol. 3, no. 2, pp.66-81.
8. E. Vysniauskas, L. Nemuraite, Transforming ontology representation from owl to relational database, 1994, Information Technology & Control, vol. 35, no. 3, pp.333--343.
9. T. Podsiadły-Marczykowska, T. Gambin, R. Zawiślak, Rule-based algorithm transforming owl ontology into relational database, 2014, Communications in Computer & Information Science, vol. 424, no. 1 ,pp. 148-159.
10. China National Institute of standardization, Tabular layouts of article characteristics: definitions and principles (GB10091.1), 1996, Standards Press of China
11. G.N. Qi, X.J Gu, J.R. Tan, The technology and application of Mass Customization, 2003, China Machine Press.
12. P. Min, , M. Kazhdan, , T. Funkhouser, A Comparison of Text and Shape Matching for Retrieval of Online 3D Models, 2004, Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries. Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
13. Y.B. Yang, H. Lin, Q. Zhu, Content-based 3D Model Retrieval: A Survey, 2004, Chinese Journal of Computers, vol.27, no. 10, pp.1297-1310.
14. K. Ramani, K. Lou, S. Jayanti, N. Iyer, Y. Kalyanaraman, Three-dimensional shape searching: state-of-the-art review and future trends, 2005, Computer Aided Design Cad, vol.37, no.5, pp. 509-530.
15. A. S. M. Hoque, , P. K. Halder, M. S. Parvez, T. Szecsi, Integrated manufacturing features and design-for-manufacture guidelines for reducing product cost under cad/cam environment ,2013, Computers & Industrial Engineering, vol.66, no.4, pp. 988–1003.
16. J. Ma, Research on parts resource classification, modeling and sharing technologies and their application in parts library, 2008, Zhejiang University, China.
17. Y. Wang, N. Ishii, (). A method of similarity metrics for structured representations，1996， Expert Systems with Applications, vol.12, no.1, pp. 89-100.
18. M. Qiu, Semantic similarity measures and its use in design management system, 2006, Zhejiang university
19. D. Liu, Research on key technologies of great group technology, 2010, Zhejiang University.
20. Y. Li, Z.A Bandar, D. Mclean, An approach for measuring semantic similarity between words using multiple information sources, 2003, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol.15, no.4, pp.871-882.
21. M. A. Rodriguez, M. J. Egenhofer, Determining semantic similarity among entity classes from different ontologies, 2003, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge & Data Engineering, vol.15, no.2, pp. 442-456.
22. G. Brunetti, S. Grimm, Feature ontologies for the explicit representation of shape semantic, 2005, International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, vol.23, no.2/3/4, 192-202.