Since gray prediction has a big advantage, it is widely used in many fields. In this paper, gray prediction is used for population and GDP prediction, with GM (1, 1) model to predict the population and GDP of Changchun City in recent years. Explained in detail the prediction process, the error analysis, this model is applied to the population and GDP prediction and it is concluded that the results of the error are small with high credibility. Using the prediction results can be further trip generation prediction in four-stage method.
Gray prediction, GM (1, 1), Population, GDP.
1. W. M. Wang, W. K. Wang, D. Du, Application of Gray Prediction Model GM (1, 1) for Forecasting Hydrology, Groundwater, vol.29, pp.0010-0012, 2007.
2. Zh. H. Wang, B. G. Zhu, Gray Model-GM (1, 1) and Its Application to Predict Transportation Volume, Journal of Wuhan University of Technology (Transportation Science & Engineering), vol.28, pp.305-307, 2004.
3. X. L. Min, Based on Gray Prediction Model GM (1, 1) Talents Demand Analysis, Science and Technology Management Research, vol. 2, pp.74-77, 2005.
4. X. D. Shao, The Application of Gray Forecast Theory in Sales Forecast of Solar Hot Water Heater, Journal of Inner Mongolia Finance and Economics College, pp.0109-0111, 2004.
5. Y. Cheng, R. Nie, Application of Gray Prediction Model GM (1, 1) for Forecasting Energy Consumption in Jiangsu Province, Management Vision, Internet Fortune, 0073-0074, 2009.
6. X. Zhao, D. Li, Based on Gray Prediction Model GM (1, 1), Research on Forecasting Overseas Talents, Ocean Development and Management, vol.27, pp.036-038, 2010.