Environmental and Earth Sciences Research Journal (EESRJ) is a quarterly international journal for scientists, engineers, technologists, aiming at publishing papers on the most outstanding discoveries in both basic and applied research of all areas of earth sciences. The mission of the journal is to bring all relevant earth science areas together on a rapid and open-access platform and become the premier source of high quality research from all over the word.
This quarterly journal reports current research on the following subjects:
- environmental sciences, environmental engineering, environmental pollution, environmental biotechnology, toxicology;
- volcanology, tectonics, neotectonics, geomorphology, geochemistry, geothermal energy, glaciology, ore geology, environmental geology;
- geological engineering, geotechnics;
- geo-hazards such as earthquakes, landslides, tsunami, debris flows and subsidence;
- mining engineering, rock/soil improvements and development;
- petroleum engineering; blasting engineering;
- RS, GIS, GPS applications in earth sciences and engineering;
- meteorology and atmospheric sciences;
- water resources and engineering, groundwater;
- off shore and marine geo-technology.
Developing countries’ management of fertilizers as soil and water pollutants, agrochemicals, industrial waste, urban landfills, traffic congestion
All submissions to the journal will be first evaluated for novelty and usefulness to the scientific community and society at large, before a decision is made to send to review.
EESRJ also welcomes special issues, which specially publish selected papers presented at international conferences or forums, which, however, will go through rigorous reviewing procedure.
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Focus and Scope
EESRJ is an international journal for scientists, engineers, technologists, which publishes original scientific and professional papers, review articles and surveys.
The focuses and scope include, but are not limited to:
- environmental sciences, environmental engineering, environmental pollution, environmental biotechnology, toxicology
- vcolcanology, tectonics, neotectonics, geomorphology, geochemistry, geothermal energy, glaciology, ore geology, environmental geology
- geological engineering, geotechnics
- geo-hazards such as earthquakes, landslides, tsunami, debris flows and subsidence
- mining engineering, rock/soil improvements and development
- petroleum engineering; blasting engineering
- RS, GIS, GPS applications in earth sciences and engineering
- meteorology and atmospheric sciences
- wastewater treatment, water resources and engineering, groundwater, contaminant containment;
- offshore and marine geo-technology
- developing countries’ management of fertilizers as soil and water pollutants, agrochemicals, industrial waste, urban landfills, traffic congestion
Papers reporting the application of these disciplines to design and development, with emphasis on new technological fields, are also welcomed.
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
A single blind reviewing procedure is adopted by EESRJ. After submission, if the topics of the paper are appropriate for the journal, the manuscript is sent to the editor-in-chief or managing editor and then the paper will reach a panel of experts as reviewers involved in those research areas, who can be either external or members of the editorial board. Each paper is reviewed by at least two reviewers. The final decision concerning the papers publication belongs to the editor-in-chief or managing editor. And their comments will be returned to the author. There are four possible outcomes:
a) Accept: the paper will be published without any revision.
b) Minor revision: the author will be required to revise the paper according to reviewers’ comments and then return the revised paper to the editor. The paper will be accepted at the editor’s discretion.
c) Major revision: the author will be required to significantly revise the paper according to reviewers’ comments and then return the revised paper to the editor. The paper will then undergo another, final round of refereeing.
d) Reject: the paper will not be published.
Upon acceptance, the author will receive an acceptance letter sent by the editor in chief or managing editor and be required to prepare the paper in MS Word using the template of EESRJ.
We at Environmental and Earth Sciences Reserach Journal adhere strongly to the highest ethical standards of academic integrity, and fully expect the same from all of our contributing authors. Any paper containing plagiarism seriously hinders us from our goal of maintaining high levels of quality, uniqueness, and innovation.
We will take serious actions against those papers determined to contain plagiarism including, but not limited to, removing those articles completely from our website as well as from the websites of the databases in which we are listed and indexed. Original authors can file a complaint against the paper they think is their work and we will evaluate all such requests in an impartial manner.
We are an active member of the plagiarism detection service Crosscheck.
EESRJ is published quarterly in the last week of each March, June, September and December, with four regular issues (not including special issues) and one volume per year.
For instructions for citing any of IIETA’s journals as well as our Ethics Statement, see Policies and Standards.