Taking the various sensors in the H-bridge converter as the research object, this paper makes a characteristic analysis of their disconnection fault. First, the MATLAB simulation model for 8 cascaded H-bridge converters is established in the paper; then, the disconnection faults of the capacitance voltage sensor, system voltage sensor, load current sensor and output circuit sensor are simulated herein respectively; at last, the impact of disconnection fault of different sensors on the key parameters of the system is analyzed. The analysis results show that the disconnection faults of the system voltage sensor and the output circuit sensor have a relatively large impact on the system’s key parameters. Therefore, certain measures must be taken to prevent the disconnection fault.
h-bridge converter, sensor fault, fault property.
1. X. Sun, X. Tong, X. Gao, Research on the fault diagnosis of IGBT valve in VSC-HVDC, 2014, Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 235-241, 264.
2. L.M.A. Caseiro, A.M.S. Mendes, Real-Time IGBT Open-Circuit Fault Diagnosis in Three-Level Neutral-Point-Clamped Voltage-Source Rectifiers Based on Instant Voltage Error, 2015, Industrial Electronics IEEE Transactions on, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1669-1678.
3. M.A. Rodríguez-Blanco, A. Vázquez-Pérez, L. Hernández-González, et al., Fault Detection for IGBT Using Adaptive Thresholds During the Turn-on Transient, 2015, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1975-1983.
4. P. Sai Prasanna, M. Sreedhar, L.V.S. Kumar, A review on circulating current suppression control, capacitor voltage balancing and fault analysis of modular multilevel converters, 2015, International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Signals, Communication and Optimization. IEEE, pp. 1-6.
5. H. Mobki, M.H. Sadeghi, G. Rezazadeh, Design of Direct Exponential Observers for Fault Detection of Nonlinear MEMS Tunable Capacitor, 2015, International Journal of Engineering, - Transactions, A: Basics, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 634-641.
6. J. Druant, T.J. Vyncke, J.A. Melkebeek, Adding inverter fault detection to model-based predictive control for flying-capacitor inverters, 2013, IEEE International Symposium on Sensorless Control for Electrical Drives and Predictive Control of Electrical Drives and Power Electronics. IEEE, pp. 1-5.
7. A.A. Elserougi, A.M. Massoud, S. Ahmed, A Switched-Capacitor Submodule for Modular Multilevel HVDC Converters With DC-Fault Blocking Capability and a Reduced Number of Sensors, 2016, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 313-322.
8. F. Ezzahra, M. Hamouda, J. Ben, Real-Time implementation of an Open-Circuit Dc-Bus Capacitor Fault diagnosis method for a Three-Level NPC Rectifier, 2016, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science & Applications, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 243-247.
9. H. Givi, E. Farjah, T. Ghanbari, Switch fault diagnosis and capacitor lifetime monitoring technique for DC–DC converters using a single sensor, 2016, Iet Science Measurement & Technology, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 513-527.
10. T. Li, C. Zhao, Characteristic analysis and fault-tolerant control of modular multilevel converters under sub-module faults, 2016, International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1444-1461.
11. M. Gleissner, M.M. Bakran, Design and Control of Fault-Tolerant Nonisolated Multiphase Multilevel DC–DC Converters for Automotive Power Systems, 2016, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 1785-1795.
12. I. Gonzalez-Prieto, M.J. Duran, F.J. Barrero, Fault-tolerant Control of Six-phase Induction Motor Drives with Variable Current Injection, 2016, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 32, no. 10, pp. 7894-7903.