The present paper describes the direct torque sensor less speed control of induction motor fed by three-level voltage source inverter. Inverter switches control is based on fuzzy logic control. Compared to conventional direct torque control (DTC), hysteresis controllers, flux position and voltage vector selection table are replaced by fuzzy logic blocks to realize a DTC-fuzzy control. The obtained results have showed high speed performance, reduced torque and flux fluctuations when the proposed DTC-fuzzy strategy is used for the control of three-level voltage source inverter associated with induction machine.
DTC, Fuzzy logic, DTC- FLC, Three-level NPC Inverter.
1. Talaeizadeh V., Kianinezhad R., Seyfossadat S., Shayanfar H, Direct Torque Control of Six-phase Induction Motors Using Three-phase Matrix Converter, 2010, Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 51, pp. 2482-2491.
2. A. Khedher, M.-F. Mimouni, Sensorless-adaptive DTC of double star induction motor, 2010, Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 51, pp. 2878–2892.
3. E. Benyoussef, A. Meroufel, S. Barkat, Three-Level Direct Torque Control Based on Artificial Neural Network of Double Star Synchronous Machine, Leonardo Journal of Sciences, no. 24, January-June 2014, p. 15-27.
4. Giuseppe S. Buja, Marian P. Kazmierkowski, Direct Torque Control for Induction Motor with broken bars using Fuzzy Logic Type-2, AMSE Journals –2015-Series: Modelling C, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 15-28.
5. A. Arif, A. Betka, A. Guettaf, Modelling and simulation on direct torque control (DTC) system for electric vehicle (EV) induction motors. AMSE JOURNALS–2011-Series: Modelling C, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 29-41.
6. Yongchang Zhang, Jianguo Zhu, Zhengming Zhao, Wei Xu, David G. Dorrell, An Improved Direct Torque Control for Three-Level Inverter-Fed Induction Motor Sensorless Drive, March 2012, IEEE Transactions on Industrial electronics, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1502-1512.
7. B. Singh, N. Mittal, D. Verma, D. Singh, S. Singh, R. Dixit, M. Singh, A. Baranwal, Multi-Level Inverter: A Literature Survey on Topologies and Control Strategies, 2012, International Journal of Reviews in Computing, vol. 10, pp. 1-16.
8. H. Hosni, A. Hmidet, O. Hasnaoui, DTC-SVM control for three phase induction motors, International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Software Applications (ICEESA), 2013.
9. K. S. Manoj, K. P. Anup, P. P. Bibhu, Direct Torque Control for Three-Level Neutral Point Clamped Inverter-Fed Induction Motor Drive, 2012, ETASR - Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 201-208.
10. Y. Gao, J. Wang, X. Qiu, The Improvement of DTC System Performance on Fuzzy Control, Procedia Environmental Sciences, 2011, vol. 10, pp. 589-594.
11. L. Benalia, A. Chaghi, R. Abdessemed, A Robust DTC Applied to the Doubly Stator Asynchronous Motor Based on RST Regulator, 2013, Journal of Electrical and Control Engineering vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 25-30.
12. R. Kennel, E.E. El-kholy, S. Mahmoud, A. El-refaei, F. Elkady, Improved direct torque control for induction motor drives with rapid prototyping system, Energy Convers Manage 2006, vol. 46, pp. 1999–2010.
13. R. Abdelli, D. Rekioua, T. Rekioua, A. Tounsi, Improved direct torque control of an induction generator used in a wind conversion system connected to the grid, 2013, ISA Transactions, vol. 52, pp. 525–538.
14. M. Comanesco, L. Xu. Sliding-mode MRAS speed estimators for sensorless vector control of induction machine, 2006, IEEE Trans Ind. Electron, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 146–53.
15. S. Saad, L. Zellouma,Fuzzy logic controller for three-level shunt active filter compensating harmonics and reactive power, 2009, Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 79, pp. 1337–1341.