Shunt Active Power Filters (APF) are complex power electronics equipments adopted to compensate for current harmonic pollution in power systems. Using a proper capacitor as energy reservoir, the shunt APF purpose is to inject in the line grid currents cancelling the polluting harmonics. The performance of APF is principally depends on the voltage control algorithms for DC-side and the selection of reference current extraction methods. In controlling non-linear systems, uncertainty is one of the most difficult obstacles. For that reason, several reported results have shown that Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Logic Controllers (IT2 FLCs) are very interesting to handle uncertainties. In this current paper a new control technique of dc-link capacitor voltage in five-level NPC shunt APF based on IT2 FLC is established. The control performances on global system are showed under various settings. All series of simulation results in MATLAB/Simulink environment are demonstrated and compared to illustrate the effectiveness of this scientific research.
Shunt Active Power Filter (SAPF), Synchronous Reference Frame (SRF), Neutral Point Clamped (NPC), IT2 FLCs, Hysteresis Current Control (HCC), Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
1. B. Geethalakshmi, M. Kavitha, Comparison of reference current extraction methods for shunt active power filters, International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 322-326, Jun. 2011.
2. H.M. Postan, A.R. Beig, A three phase active filter based on three level diode clamp inverter, Power System Technology and IEEE Power India Conference, New Delhi, India, 12-15 October 2008.
3. N. Jain, A. Gupta, Comparison between two compensation current control methods of shunt active power filter, International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science vol. 2, no. 5, August/September 2014.
4. L. Merabet, S. Saad, D. Ould Abdeslam and A. Omeiri, A comparative study of harmonic currents extraction by simulation and implementation, Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol.53, pp.507-514, 2013
5. R. Belaidia, A. Haddouchea, H. Guendouza, Fuzzy logic controller based three-phase shunt active power filter for compensating harmonics and reactive power under unbalanced mains voltages, Energy Procedia, vol.18, pp. 560-570, 2012.
6. O. Castillo, P. Melin, Type-2 fuzzy logic theory and applications, Series: Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, vol. 223, Springer-Verlag, Berlin 2008.
7. H. Hagras, Type-2 FLCs: a new generation of fuzzy controllers, IEEE Compute Intelligence Magazine vol. 2, no. 1, pp.30-43, 2007.
8. JM. Mendel, Uncertain rule-based fuzzy logic systems: Introduction and new directions, Prentice-Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River NJ 07458, 2001.
9. D. Wu, WW. Tan, Genetic learning and performance evaluation of type-2 fuzzy logic controllers, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 8, pp.829-841, 2006.
10. D. Wu, WW. Tan, A simplified type-2 fuzzy controller for real-time control, ISA Transactions, vol.15, no.4, pp.503-516, 2006.
11. Q. Liang, J.M. Mendel, Interval type-2 fuzzy logic systems: Theory and design, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy systems, vol.8, no. 5, pp.535-550, 2000.
12. H. Hagras, A hierarchical type-2 fuzzy logic control architecture for autonomous mobile robots, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy systems, vol.12, no. 4, pp.524-539, 2004.
13. D. Driankov, H. Hellendoorn and R. Palm, Some research directions in fuzzy control, Theoretical Aspects of Fuzzy Control, H.T. Nguyen, M.Sugeno, R.Tong, R.R.Yanger.Ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York, pp.281-312,1995.
14. S. R. Pulikanti and V. G. Agelidis, Five-level active NPC converter topology: SHE-PWM control and operation principles, Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference, Perth, pp. 1-5, 9-12 December 2007
15. M. Frisch, (2011), Advantages of NPC inverter topologies with power modules, [Online]. Available: http://www.neondrum.com.
16. A. Pigazo, A recursive park transformation to improve the performance of synchronous reference frame controllers in shunt active power filters, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 24, no. 9, pp.2065-2075, September 2009.
17. K. Bhattcharjee, Harmonic mitigation by SRF theory based active power filter using adaptive hysteresis control, Power and Energy Systems Conference: Towards Sustainable Energy, Bangalore, India, 13-15 March 2014.
18. A. Talha, E.M. Berkouk, M.S. Boucherit,G. Manesse, Study and control of two two-level PWM rectifier -clamping bridge seven-level NPC VSI cascade. Application to PMSM speed control, European Transactions on Electrical Power Journal (ETEP) by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, vol. 16, no.1, pp. 93-107,2006.
19. S. Mikkili, AK. Panda, Simulation and real-time implementation of shunt active filter Id–Iq control strategy for mitigation of harmonics with different fuzzy membership functions, IET Power Electronics, vol. 5, no. 9, pp.1856-1872, 2012.
20. L.X. Wang, A new look at type-2 fuzzy sets and type-2 fuzzy logic systems, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. PP, no.99, 18 March 2016.
21. R. N. Cazarez-Castro, L.T. Aguilar, O.Castillo, Designing type-1 and type-2 fuzzy logic controllers via fuzzy Lyapunov synthesis for non-smooth mechanical systems, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 25, pp. 971-979, 2012.
22. NN. Karnik, JM. Mendel and L. Qilian, Type-2 fuzzy logic systems, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol.7, no.6, pp.643-658,1999.
23. JM. Mendel, Type-2 fuzzy sets and systems: an Overview, IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, vol. 2, pp. 20-29, February 2007.
24. NN. Karnik, JM. Mendel, An introduction to type-2 fuzzy logic systems, Technical Report, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1998.
25. S. K. Jain, P. Agrawal and H. O. Gupta, Fuzzy logic controlled shunt active power filter for power quality improvement, IEE Proceedings in Electrical Power Applications, vol. 149, no. 5, pp.317-328, September 2002.
26. N.K Appala, K.S Reddy and T. Subrahmanyam, Performance verification of SHAF with type-2 fuzzy logic controller, International Journal of Ethics in Engineering & Management Education, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 100-106, April 2014.
27. D. Suresh and S.P. Singh, Type-2 fuzzy logic controlled three-level shunt active power filter for power quality improvement, Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 873-882, 2016.
28. A. Kouadria, M. Denaï, T. Allaoui and G. Pissanidis, Grid Power Quality Enhancement Using Fuzzy Control-Based Shunt Active Filtering, SAI Intelligent Systems Conference, London, UK, November 10-11, 2015.
29. S. Anurag, J. Manoj, M.F. Qureshi, Reliability investigation of series-parallel and components of power system using interval type-2 fuzzy set theory, AMSE Journals, Series: Modelling A, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 1-16, 2013.
30. H. Abaali, M.T. Lamchich, M. Raoufi, Decoupled state-feedback controller of three phase shunt active power filter: unbalanced current compensation, AMSE Journals, Series: Modelling A, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 57-67, 2014.
31. S. Belhamdi, A.Goléa, Direct torque control for induction motor with broken bars using fuzzy logic type-2, AMSE Journals, Series: Modelling C, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 15-28, 2015.
32. N. Boubaya, B. Saad, M. Maazouz, Radial active magnetic bearing control using fuzzy logic, AMSE Journals, Series: Modelling C, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 92-100, 2016.