Noise is an important factor in the analog and digital circuits which determine the characteristics of the system. There are many sources of noises. Power supply noise caused by circuit switching, crosstalk noise due to capacitive coupling between neighboring interconnects, fluctuations in device parameters due to process variations, noise due to charge sharing and charge leakage in high speed dynamic logic circuits. The work aims at developing a noise robust circuit with high frequency response. The same circuit can be implemented in a dynamic logic system with reduced number of transistor. Also, the dynamic logic will have the probability of signal switching activity to be low which will subsequently reduce the power of the system. The circuits have been constructed using cadence ADE and the same has been simulated with Spectra using 45nm GPDK technology. The simulation results show that the power consumption has been reduced multi-fold and the bandwidth has been increased by 102 Hz and the delay is reduced by 50%
Current Balanced Logic, pseudo-NMOS, Noise immunity, Dynamic logic
1. D. J. Allstot, S. Kiaei and R. H. Zele, Analog logic techniques steer around the noise, IEEE Circuits Devices Mag., vol. 9, pp. 18–21, Sept.1993.
2. H.T. Ng and D. J. Allstot, CMOS current steering logic for low voltage mixed-signal integrated circuits, IEEE Trans. VLSI Syst., vol.5, pp. 301–308, Sept. 1997.
3. H. Sakamoto and L. Forbes, Grounded load complementary FET circuits: Sceptre analysis, IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 8, pp.282–284, Aug. 1973.
4. A. Sedra and K. Smith, Microelectronic Circuits, 4th ed. Oxford, U.K: Oxford Univ. Press, 1998.
5. The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors: 1999 Edition, URL: http://www. itr~.net/l999SIARoadmap/Home. htm.
6. A. Chandrakasan and R. W. Brodersen, Minimizing power consumption in digital CMOS circuits, Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 498-523, Apr 1995.
7. L. Wang and N. R. Shanbhag, Noise-tolerant dynamic circuit design, Proc. of IEEE Intl. Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 549-552, May/June 1999.
8. G. Balamurugan and N. R. Shanbhag, Energy-efficient dynamic circuit design in the presence of crosstalk noise, Proceedings of International Symposium on Low-Power Electronics and Design, San Diego, 1999.
9. N. R. Shanbhag, A mathematical basis for power-reduction in digital VLSI systems, IEEE Trans. Circuits Systems, vol. 44, No.11, Nov 1997.
10. R. H. Krambeck, C. M. Lee and H.-F.S. Law, High-speed ‘compact circuits with CMOS, IEEE J. Solid-state Circuits, vol. 17, pp. 614-619, June 1982.
11. J. J. Covino, Dynamic CMOS circuits with noise immunity, ’U.S. Patent 5650733, 1997.
12. G. P. D’Souza, Dynamic logic circuit with reduced charge leakage, U.S. Patent 5483181, 1996.44, pp. 935-951, Nov 1997.
13. C. E. Shannon, A mathematical theory of communication, Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 27, part I, pp. 379-423, July 1948.
14. R. Gonzales, B. M. Gordon and M. A. Horowitz, Supply and threshold voltage scaling for low power CMOS, IEEE Journal on Solid-State Circuits, vol. 32, pp. 1201-1216, Aug. 1997
15. K. Nepal, R. I. Bahar, J. Mundy, W. R. Patterson and A. Zaslavsky,Techniques for designing noise-tolerant multi-level combinational circuits, in Proc. Des. Autom. Test Eur., pp. 576– 581, Mar. 2007.
16. I Chyn Wey, You-Gang Chen and An-Yen Wn, Design and analysis of Isolated Noise-Tolerant (INT) Technique in Dynamic CMOS Circuits, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol 16, No. 12, pp. 1708-1712, Dec 2008.
17. Frustaci F, Corsonello P, Perri S and Cocorullo G, High-performance Noise-tolerant circuit techniques for CMOS dynamic logic, IET Transaction of Circuits, Devices and Systems, vol 2, No.6, pp. 573-548, Dec 2008.
18. Tezaswi Raja, Vishwani D. Agrawal and Michael L. Bushnell, Variable Input Delay CMOS Logic for Low Power Design IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 17, No.10, pp. 1534-1545, Oct 2009.
19. Ajay Taparia, Bhaskar Banerjee and T. R. Viswanathan, CS-CMOS: A Low-Noise Logic Family for Mixed Signal SoCs, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol.19, Issue 12, pp. 2141-2148, Nov 2012.
20. Sandeep Sangwan, Jyoti Kedia and Deepak Kedia, A Comparative Analysis of different CMOS Logic Design Techniques for Low Power and High Speed, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, vol. 2, No.10, Oct 2013.
21. Araga Y, Nagata M, Van der Plas G and Marchal P, Measurements and Analysis of Substrate Noise Coupling in TSV-Based 3-D Integrated Circuits, IEEE Transaction on Components, Packing and Manufacturing Technology, vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 1026-1037, Apr 2014.
22. Bo Zhao and Huazhong Yang, Supply-Noise Interactions Among Submodules Inside a Charge-Pump PLL, IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, vol. 23, No.4, pp.771-775, Apr 2015.